If you have Marketplace coverage and your income or household changes, update your application as soon as possible. These changes may affect the coverage or savings you’re eligible for.
Which changes to report
- Certain changes to your yearly expected income, household members, and status (like disability or tax filing status) may qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period so you can change plans outside the annual Open Enrollment Period.
- Changes may affect the savings and coverage options you qualify for, so it’s important to report them right away.
- If you don’t report changes, you could wind up getting the wrong amount of savings and owing money when you file your next tax return.
How to report changes
- Report changes to the Marketplace by updating your application.
- You can update your application online, by phone, or in person — but not by mail.
- After you finish, you may be asked to submit documents to confirm your changes.
Learn more about reporting income and household changes after you’re enrolled.