A change to your living place may qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period, allowing you to change plans or enroll for the rest of 2021. Your next steps depend on if you moved to a different state or within the same one.
Did you move to a new state?
- When you move to a new state, you can’t keep your current coverage. Report the move to the Marketplace, so you can enroll in a new plan without a break in coverage. By quickly reporting the move, you’ll also avoid paying for coverage that doesn’t apply where you now live.
- Follow these steps to update your application if you already have 2021 Marketplace coverage.
- If you’re new to the Marketplace and applying for the first time, create a HealthCare.gov account. (If your state runs its own Marketplace, use their website.)
Did you move within the same state?
- Your coverage options and savings probably won’t change based only on your new address.
- But you should still report the change by following these instructions.
Learn more about other income and household changes to report to the Marketplace.