Life change? You may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period
Open Enrollment for 2023 ended on January 15, 2023, but you may still be able to enroll in or change Marketplace coverage if you’ve had certain life events or income. Life events that may qualify include getting married, having a baby, moving, or losing health coverage. Get a full list of qualifying life changes.
Do I qualify for a Special Enrollment Period?
- Answer a few quick questions to find out your coverage options.
- If you already know you qualify, create an account or log in to enroll in or change Marketplace coverage for 2023.
- You may be asked to submit documents to confirm your life change before you can enroll.
My income changed. Am I eligible for Medicaid or CHIP?
- When you visit our screener, we’ll also tell you if you may qualify for free or low-cost health coverage through Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- If you may qualify, we’ll send your information to your state agency. They’ll contact you with next steps.