https://www.maddoxinsured.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/2021-what-to-do-form-1095-a.png 801 1201 wpmaddoxins https://www.maddoxinsured.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/maddox-insurance-agency.png wpmaddoxins2022-01-26 19:00:002022-01-27 14:01:33It's tax season! Find Form 1095-A
It's tax season! Find Form 1095-A
If anyone in your household had a Marketplace plan in 2021, you’ll need Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace® Statement, to file your federal taxes. You should get it in the mail by early February. Keep it with your important tax information, like W-2 forms and other records.
What to do with Form 1095-A
- Before you do anything, check to make sure it’s correct.
- If you already filed with an incorrect form, you may need to file an amended tax return using the information on your corrected 1095-A.
- You’ll use Form 1095-A to check if there’s any difference between the premium tax credit you used in 2021 and the amount you qualify for.
How to find Form 1095-A online
The Marketplace (not the IRS) mails you Form 1095-A. You can also find it online.
- Log in to your HealthCare.gov account.
- Under “Your Existing Applications,” select your 2021 application — not your 2022 application.
- Select “Tax Forms” from the menu on the left.
- Download all 1095-As shown on the screen.
Still can’t find it? Call the Marketplace Call Center.