If you had Marketplace coverage at any point in 2022, or got premium tax credits last year, here’s what you need to know about filing your federal taxes.
- Keep your Form 1095-A in a safe place
- Check that your Form 1095-A is correct
- “Reconcile” with your correct Form 1095-A
- Use the information from your correct Form 1095-A to complete Part II of Form 8962 (PDF, 110 KB).
- Get details on how to “reconcile”.
- If there’s a difference between the amount of premium tax credit you used during the year and the amount you actually qualify for, it will impact your refund or the amount of taxes you owe.