If anyone in your household had Marketplace health insurance in 2019, you should have already received Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace® Statement, in the mail. Here are 5 important things to know about this form.
Helpful tips about tax Form 1095-A:
- You should already have Form 1095-A. It comes from the Marketplace, not the IRS. If your form didn’t come by mail or you can’t find it, check your online Marketplace account before contacting the Marketplace Call Center.
- Store it in a safe space with other important tax information, like W-2 forms. This way, you can easily find it when you sit down to file.
- Before doing anything with the form, make sure it’s accurate. Check basic coverage and household member information, and confirm the premium for your second lowest cost Silver plan (SLCSP). Contact the Marketplace Call Center to report any errors.
- If you request a new, updated form, it’s important that you don’t file until we send you the correct version. If you already filed, you may need to file an amended return using the information from your new 1095-A.
- You’ll use the information from your 1095-A to “reconcile” your premium tax credit. To do this, you’ll compare the amount of premium tax credit you used in advance during the year against the premium tax credit you actually qualify for based on your final income for the year. Any difference will affect your refund or tax owed. See a step-by-step guide to “reconciling” your premium tax credit.